We really need that, and more so our patients
Join us for some Lupus Nephritis Good News Stories by Prof Liz Lightstone @kidneydoc101
Sunday 29 November 2020 at 20.00 MUT 16.00 UTC
Join via https://glomcon.zoom.us/
Meeting ID: 937 9592 6539
Catch up on past webinars on the GlomCon YouTube channel.
- Take home messages:
- Lupus nephritis can occur even when the creatinine is normal. Changes within normal eg. from 60 to 90umol/l is very significant
- Monitor proteinuria and haematuria for active disease
- Kidney biopsy usually essential to optimise management
- No place for high dose steroids eg IV methylprednisolone dose >0.5g day. Rapid tapering.
- Many treatments are ‘experimental’ but full dose MMF, tacrolimus and rituximab should be considered.
- Better refer to the nephrologist early rather than late!